Before training to be a therapist, I wrote extensively about the adult industry, mainly for Forum.
Now as a COSRT accredited therapist, I am honoured to help actors, actresses, sex workers, erotic dancers through whatever issues they bring. It could be an issue with their work or about something else, but they want a therapist who won’t instantly pathologise or make assumptions about their careers.
I am integrative therapist who is rooted in person centred therapy so I work with you to help you figure out what you want and how to get there. I also draw on CBT, existential, psychodynamic, Transactional Analyses and Gestalt theories, as well as the tools and exercises specific to psychosexual and relationship therapy.
- PGDIp Psychosexual & Relationship counselling
- Advanced diploma couples counselling
- Certificate in sexual compulsivity
- Certificates in working with sex offenders from StopSo
- Training in “Alternative sexualities” from Pink Therapy, including working with fetish, BDSM, trans, intersex, asexuality, HIV and AIDS and chem sex
- Other training includes working with Autism, pain in sex, EMDR and trauma